Monday, October 3, 2011

Negative News

Whenever I receive negative news or responses I tend to get very upset and even frustrated depending on the circumstance of the news.  Within these emotions I usually will think about the news for a while but in order to forget about the news for a little and take my mind off it I will go and do an activity that I enjoy.  Most of the time I will go to the gym to release my stress and anger about the news and then once I do that I feel a lot better.  Obviously I will still be thinking about the news but by going to the gym it takes some pressure of my mind and allows myself to calm down and believe that everything is going to be alright in the end.  An example of some negative news that occurred recently was when I received a phone call from my dad telling me that my mom was in the hospital because of her diabetes and sugar levels were very low which leads her not able to function.  It has happened before in the past where I have witnessed it and it is a very scary moment.  Since I am about 13 hours away I couldn't do anything about it but think about it and just pray that she was going to be fine.  In the end she was fine but anytime it could happen again so I always have to be on my toes for negative news and be able to cope with it.  Negative news affects your response because your already feeling down and in your response you will be showing your emotions to your readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment